This is another entry in the WordPress: Year in Review series! When the global pandemic started affecting WordCamps…well, globally…the WordPress Community Team started working on ways to mitigate changes. One project is the Learn WordPress Platform. Today, we learn all about that with Hugh Lashbrooke.
Show Notes & Links
- Learn WordPress is not supposed to replace in-person events. They are creating a platform to host more workshop-style content.
- He’s working close with training team, and using lesson plans that they’ve created. There are 3 areas to each Learn WordPress entry:
- Lesson Plans
- Watch and learn workshops
- Live discussion groups
- This is a community driven project. Anyone can apply through the application form
- There’s a set of learning outcomes on the site that help guide what workshops to host
- There’s also a set of “understanding questions” to help learners ensure they got the right takeaways. This also helps the speakers tailor their workshop appropriately.
Tips for Listeners
- They are looking for content on anything that does something with WordPress
- Think about what you do with WordPress and teach people how to do that